Hello, everyone! Your comments of the week have arrived! Apologies, I only started keeping track of comments again when I returned from my trip — the depths of your epic mega-post are still unexplored. Also, cartoonists who may have missed it the first time around should check out my advertising special, for cartoonists! Half price ads for your pretty pictures!
Anyway, behold, your comment of the week!
“No, Trey Brooks! Don’t take off your scarf! That’s the only way we can tell which one you are!” –Spunde
And your very funny runners up!
“I love the look on Lu Ann’s face in the background of the second panel. Margo may be revving up to inflict a beating, but Lu Ann is all like, ‘Yay! Balloons!'” –Patrick
“‘No fouls called, everything goes!’ is exactly how I’d expect a Funky Winkerbean slashfic between Summer and Keisha to begin, with Ghost Lisa guiding her daughter’s hands as she checks her soulmate’s breasts for cancerous lumps. ‘Bring it!’, indeed.” –Ed Dravecky
“Jill is bringing an envelope with a hand-drawn card that she made in the form of a coupon stating that matrimony is just swell, and she, Jill, will marry one (1) eligible male of the bearer’s choice.” –[Old Man] Muffaroo
“Do you think the art directions in Judge Parker include things like ‘partially frame the scene with the jutting breasts of an attractive blonde in sunglasses’ or does that just happen naturally whenever the dialogue is dull law stuff?” –Aviatrix
“And just a heads-up, H & J, if you tell someone you were caught getting out of the shower, it’s pretty much assumed you were naked; you don’t have to keep saying it. Why the hell did you have to choose now to start getting all specific?” –Violet
“The can says ‘SPAM’ but we all know it’s the last two cans of the earthly remains of Barney Google. Bon appétit!” –zerowolf
“Mary can barely even conceal her derisive laughter behind her hors d’oeuvres as she watches this so-called ‘parental involvement’ unfold. ‘He’s your son, and he asked for your input,’ she thinks. ‘This is barely even meddling at all! Fucking amateur.’ –Doctor Handsome
“That kid’s not gay. He’s obviously just a blackjack dealer.” –Ethan Shuster
“OK, so I have no idea what possesses Spider-Man to say ‘Holy Hannah!’. But whatever you do, don’t turn to Google to try to make sense of it: that way lies madness, or at least a vague feeling of disappointment in that you should probably be making better use of your time.” –Jester
Big thanks to everyone who put cash in my tip jar! And we must of course give thanks to our advertisers:
- Real Life Fiction: “Unique” is too mild.
- Works In Progress: Slice-of-life adventures.
- SpaceKid: Retro Sci-Fi Old School Fun and Adventure!
- Crucial Tech Tips: Is your computer running slow? Crucial can help. A memory upgrade is one of the most affordable, effective ways to boost performance! Our tools find the right upgrade — guaranteed compatible. Upgrades for PCs, notebooks, netbooks, and Macs. Affordable, easy to install, and online customer/tech support.
- Freedom™: In Daniel Suarez’s “fast-paced technothriller,” Daemon, a hi-tech wunderkind, unleashes a sinister computer program. Now the Daemon is in control, using a network of shadowy operatives to tear apart civilization and rebuild it anew — and the freedom of mankind is at stake.
To find out more about how you could be thanked in this spot, and more about sponsoring this site’s RSS feed, click here.