Click the banner to contribute by PayPal, or here for other options.
It’s the 2022 Comics Curmudgeon Summer Fundraiser!
When Josh launched The Comics Curmudgeon in 2004, blogs supported themselves with advertising and the occasional contribution. Since that time, he and others have developed an assortment of ways to support the quality daily comics mockery we all know and love. Surely one of them fits your requirements and preferences exactly!
- Commenters can enjoy an ad-free online experience, a WYSIWYG comment editor, plus ten full minutes to fix that spelling error, incorrectly configured HTML tag, or legally indefensible libel. It’s a lifesaver, let me tell you! Become a Website Subscriber to The Comics Curmudgeon at the link.
- Busy professionals don’t always have time to browse the website, but live in fear of missing even a single day of professional-grade newspaper comics mockery. Get The Comics Curmudgeon delivered ad-free to your inbox every day, beneath the radar of corporate web filters and other such killjoys, under the pretense of checking your email. Sign on as a Newsletter Subscriber, and lighten up your workday.
- Patrons of the arts will enjoy the opportunity to support all of Josh’s comedic efforts— The Comics Curmudgeon, The Internet Read Aloud, and more, with support through Josh’s Patreon page. It’s like you’re Lorenzo de’ Medici (Il Magnifico!) or something, without all the murders!
- Traditionalists give the old-fashioned way—PayPal! Click the banner upstairs to make a one-time contribution from your PayPal or credit-card account.
- Pluggers don’t much cotton to all this seamless, virtual, new-fangled nonsense. They send cash money in the mail, and we better by-gum like it! We do indeed— just request Josh’s address, where you can send cash, checks, conflict diamonds, banned pharmaceuticals, live ruminants, and more. Short on funds? Hock your TV!
- Kids today embrace incomprehensible instant-payment applications like Venmo, which turn photos of speckled squares into financial support for cultural icon Josh Fruhlinger. Sounds sketchy— try it!
- Drive-by readers can help boost advertising revenues by turning off their ad-blockers selectively for this site, and occasionally clicking an ad that looks interesting. Every little bit helps!
Contributions in any form are completely confidential and always deeply appreciated.
A short note on the banners: in previous fundraiser posts, banners were selected randomly with every page refresh. For a variety of technical and security reasons, WordPress no longer accepts the script that made this possible, so now it’s one banner per post. But click here for an index of links to an absurd number of Comics Curmudgeon fundraising banners stretching all the way back to 2008. And thank you, generous reader!