Hello, Comics Curmudgeon readers! We interrupt your usual “Marmaduke eats people” joke to bring you the following “Marmaduke participates in bestiality” joke:
Marmaduke has somehow managed to displace his male owner from his bed, if you know what I mean, and I think you do.
Thanks for tuning in to this special “Marmaduke participates in bestiality” joke! We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.
Marmaduke has somehow managed to displace his male owner from his bed, probably by eating him.
Beetle Bailey, 3/17/09
I suppose there are some legitimate, military-related reasons as to why a U.S. Army general might stand in front of a line graph and talk about declining numbers of some sort to a bunch of people sitting around a long table, and I could try to think of some, but … look, you and I both know that’s not how it went down over at the Beetle Bailey division of Walker-Browne Amalgamated Humor Enterprises LLC. I think it went more like this:
- Hey, I thought of a joke that would work well in a boardroom, because of the recession!
- Hmm, our strip takes place in a military environment. Can we make it work somehow?
- No. But everyone else gets to make recession jokes. It’s not fair!
- Hey, I have an idea! Let’s use the joke anyway!
- [Sound of golf bags being hoisted onto shoulders]
Apartment 3-G, 3/17/09
“At last, [name of A3G girl]’s going to live out her ultimate fantasy — a three-way with two dudes who look exactly alike! Oh, wait, I just described every M-F-M three-way in the Apartment 3-G universe.” –Josh Fruhlinger, December 4, 2008.