Mary Worth, 11/7/07
Possible explanations for the utterly laughable “dog x-ray” on display in the first panel:
- Mary Worth’s vet has an enormous CT scanning device that allows for the creation of a full-body scan of a midsized dog, which is then shrunk down so much as to be completely illegible.
- To save money, the vet just photocopies animals instead of x-raying them, arguing that it’s “basically the same technology.”
- The dog is pregnant, and that’s a sonogram of its tiny dog fetus.
- The dog and the vet are in on some kind of elaborate scam — dog plays dead by the side of the road, vet shows of ambiguous fake x-ray, old biddy comes back with checkbook, and KA-CHING!
- Mary Worth may in fact not be wholly realistic in all respects.
Apartment 3-G, 11/7/07
Man, it really depresses me when a feisty woman tries to make herself over into a shrinking violet just to please some man who can’t even decide on his own hair color. Apparently even Margo can’t stand to see it, as she’s covering her eyes rather than watch her own undoing. Of course, it’s possible that she’s rigged the phone to detonate in Eric’s hand, and is just trying to keep from being blinded in the process.
(By the way, if you find the thought of “Apartment 3-G Alan/Sam slash fiction” even vaguely intriguing, you owe it to yourself to check out this comment from faithful reader SecretMargo.)
Mark Trail, 11/7/07
Uh oh! Li’l Paul Malotte just got
cock-college-tuition-money-blocked. I imagine he’s going to stride into the trading post and forcefully confront Bull Malone about how his unethical competitive practices are hurting the reputation of the increasingly lucrative full-service guided camping package market. And because he’s wearing a baby blue fringy jacket with matching equestrian cap, it will be the funniest shit you’ll ever see in your life.
Funky Winkerbean, 11/7/07
“Yup! Sullen, passive-aggressive, and unhelpful! It’s uncanny!”